You will provide technical and development expertise and knowledge in business systems, application and web development. You will also develop strategies, define standards, and give advice for the Museum’s digital initiatives. This position will also manage and maintain the Museum’s existing business systems, applications and websites.
- Development and management of the Museum’s specialist web and business systems and applications, including websites, Intranet, databases, and other specific purpose-built systems, under the direction of the Online Services Manager and in line with the Museum policies and industry practices.
- Undertake complex systems analysis, design, programming, testing and production of web-based applications and databases, expert problem solving, monitoring data integrity/redundancy and security of software application and products to meet both business and technical requirements.
- Develop, document, implement and review standards, procedures and tools to ensure and maintain the high quality of all systems and applications development undertaken, and to ensure that Queensland Museum, whole-of-Government and industry standards are adhered to.
- Provide high level advice to senior management in relation to solutions to complex business problems that require the application of digital technologies.
- Promote digital literacy by providing guidance and assistance to Museum staff in the use of new and emerging digital technologies and by conducting training sessions for Museum staff in their use of business systems and applications.
- Maintain an extensive working knowledge of current and emerging digital technologies and trends to improve the Museum’s digital strategy.
- Monitor the standard of service and quality provided by suppliers and contractors in the implementation and maintenance of outsourced ICT services.
- Proven ability in project planning and management, preferably with knowledge or background in a proven methodology such as PRINCE2.
- Contribute to the safety culture of Queensland Museum Network (QMN) by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work in undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to the job. Undertake all relevant responsibilities identified in the QMN WHS Accountabilities and Responsibilities Matrix.
For more information or to apply visit: SmartJobsQld.