About the agency
Sydney Living Museums cares for 12 of the NSW most important historic houses, museums and their collections: Elizabeth Bay House, Elizabeth Farm, Government House, Hyde Park Barracks Museum, Justice & Police Museum, Meroogal, The Mint, Museum of Sydney, Rose Seidler House, Rouse Hill House & Farm, Susannah Place Museum and Vaucluse House. All are listed in the NSW State Heritage Register. The Museum of Sydney and the Hyde Park Barracks on the National Heritage list and the Hyde Park Barracks is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
For more detailed information on the operations and activities of Sydney Living Museums click here.
About the role
The Development & Membership Officer supports the Head of Development & Fundraising and Sydney Living Museums Foundation to secure and grow financial support for Sydney Living Museums from donor and membership programs.
Applying for the role
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and minimum 3 years’ experience in coordinating donor or membership programs preferably in a cultural, heritage or not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project and event management and event delivery within set budgets.
- High level of interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills to communicate effectively with varied audiences from high-net worth donors, members, suppliers to all levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively using a CRM or fundraising database to manage donor, prospect and member relationships and communications.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
Targeted Questions / Selection Criteria
- Please describe a donor or membership program you have managed and outline how you implemented supporter servicing, engagement and communication activities.
- Provide a detailed example of an event that you have organised. How did you plan, co-ordinate and deliver on the set objectives for the event?
Closing date: Monday 13 April 2015, 11.59pm
For more information click here for the role description and candidate information guide.
Please note: New employment legislation will apply from 24th February 2014. From this date, all current and new Public Service non-executive employees will be employed at a classification level and assigned to a role rather than appointed to a position. Employees may be re-assigned to other roles at the same classification over time, in line with organisation priorities and/or personal development plans.