The key duties of the position include:
Reporting to the Head of Digital Engagement and Insight you will be responsible for creating and driving the digital content strategy and content creation for the Museum across the website, blogs, social and video.
You key responsibilities will include however not limited to the following:
- Develop a yearly digital content strategy with key content creation ideas that align with the overarching goals and activities for the Museum.
- Research and create content to engage the Museum across website, blogs, videos and various social media platforms.
- Identify and leverage third party sites where Museum content could be used to extend outreach (e.g. Wikipedia).
- Ensure the content produced is as per acceptable standards, adhering to best practise for digital content delivery.
- Work collaboratively with all divisions and key stakeholders to ensure the Museum’s products, services, exhibitions, collections, events and commercial activities are being shared and promoted through innovative, inspiring and engaging content.
- Provide guidance on tone of voice, content creation best practice and copywriting to key stakeholders within the business.
- Shoot and edit video content, record and edit audio content when required.
- Create content for the social media calendar as well as scheduling the content in platform and looking after community engagement.
- Regularly report on the success of content across digital and use this data to shape future content creation activities.
- Stay up-to-date on digital content trends and provide recommendations on potentially untapped digital content opportunities.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience of writing website and social media from scratch as well as experience in editing supplied copy to the museum’s style and tone of voice.
- Sufficient video, photography and editing skills.
- Excellent visual communication skills including the ability to select appropriate images for different media, edit the images, brief photographers and art direct photo shoots, and when appropriate take photographs.
- Good working knowledge of current web content concepts and technologies.
- Good understanding and experience of HTML, web content management systems, blogs and social media.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and experience of working in a collaborative team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to manage competing deadlines, paying due attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous experience undertaking research projects.
Applications Close: 11:30 pm AEST, Sunday 21St November 2021. No Applications will be accepted by mail or email.
This position is open to all eligible members of the community and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from every cultural and linguistic background. To be an eligible member of the community, you must be an Australian citizen. Applications may be accepted from Australian permanent residents who are in the process of acquiring Australian citizenship.
Selection for this position will be made on the basis of relative merit which will be assessed against each item of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for short listing by the Selection Committee. As part of the selection process the selection committee may invite candidates to undertake psychometric test, you should advise the selection committee if you have any special needs. Psychometric tests may be used as the initial short-listing test or later in the selection process. Some tests are very short while others may take one or more hours.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.