The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science, and technology and plays a critical role in engaging communities with contemporary ideas and issues. Established in 1881, the museum includes the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory, the Museums Discovery Centre in Castle Hill and will expand to include Powerhouse Parramatta. The Museum is custodian to over half a million objects of national and international significance and is considered one of the finest and most diverse collections in Australia.
The Powerhouse Renewal Program is the largest cultural infrastructure project currently being undertaken in the country. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW.
Director Design & Delivery– Powerhouse Program
The Director, Design and Delivery has responsibility for the delivery of the client responsibilities of the Powerhouse Program with a focus on architecture and design. Responsibilities include ensuring design and delivery functions of the project are met including design briefs, fit-out planning, and client design briefing.
You will have:
- Substantial senior leadership skills and experience in a large, complex organisation.
- Experience in a senior role with responsibility for successfully delivering major programs and projects within a context of tight timeframes and budgets.
- Experience in planning, logistics and procurement of operational fit-out for projects.
- Organisational skills and understanding of relevant management, financial, administrative and human resource policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with stakeholders across Government, the private sector and community.
- Thorough understanding of NSW Government policy, direction and objectives, particularly in relation to resource management, continuous improvement, and service delivery functions.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.