Director First Nations, Equity & Social Policy – ACMI
|Closing date:||Not supplied yet.|
|Institution:||Australian Centre for the Moving Image|
|Salary:||$125,893 – 147,184 + Super|
|Employment status:||Full Time (Flexible) | Fixed Term (3 years)|
|Location :||Melbourne - CBD|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
This is an identified position, the applicants must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
About the role
Reporting to the Director & CEO, and joining the Executive team, the Director, First Nations, Equity & Social Policy (FNESP) will champion and challenge teams across ACMI with a particular focus on ensuring equity of access for individuals and groups that have been traditionally excluded. The role will encompass First Nations strategy and goals, broader diversity, and inclusivity for people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, disability, LGBQTI+ and gender & identity. This new role will lead and support the museum across the organisation to embed culturally safe practices for staff, visitors, and communities, and deliver meaningful change and engagement while supporting the corporate strategy and values. For a full description of the role, please contact Pipeline Talent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Director First Nations, Equity and Social Policy you will work with colleagues across the organisation to support, champion, assist and innovate across ACMI’s Equity and Social Policy strategies. You will ensure ACMI delivers on our commitment that our staff, programs, audiences, and collaborations reflect the diversity of our community with a focus on First Nations, LGBQTI+, disability, gender and identity, POC and CALD.
- Experience in leading cultural change to level the playing field for previously excluded communities
- Leadership credentials and a track record for successfully delivering programs and projects within a context of political and cultural sensitivities, and high levels of public interest
- Capability to collaborate with stakeholders across the audience cohort, with particular emphasis on connections with First Nations people and communities
- Corporate delivery capability including understanding of relevant management, financial, administrative, and human resource policies, and procedures
- Strategic thinking and an ability to translate and communicate vision to ACMI teams, stakeholders, and members of the communities we represent.
What’s on offer?
- Inclusive work environment
- Attractive Salary
- Opportunity to work in the Arts Sector
- Flexible working conditions, including the possibility of working part-time
Where will you be working?
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s Fed Square, ACMI (formerly Australian Centre for the Moving Image) celebrates the wonder and power of the world’s most democratic artform – fostering the next generation of makers, players, and watchers. ACMI’s vibrant calendar of exhibitions, screenings, commissions, festivals, and industry and education programs explore the stories, technologies and artists that create our shared screen culture. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line “ACMI- Director First Nations, Equity & Social Policy” Your application should include: o an up-to-date CV of no more than 5 pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience. o a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your interest in the role, paying particular focus to the selection criteria as detailed above Your application must be received by 11:59pm Wednesday April 6th, 2022. How to get more information Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent. Megan Ingram | Talent Acquisition Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org 02 8001 6603 0419 559 251
For more information or to apply visit: Pipeline Talent.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.