The Director will deliver on the following key result areas:
- Provide high-level leadership and executive management of the human, physical and financial resources to the TMAG to achieve Board and government objectives.
- Act as Secretary to the Board and in accordance with their directions, manage the TMAG and coordinate the overall development of its policies, collections, and facilities.
- Implement the department’s objectives, the strategic objectives of government, and the Board’s Strategic Plan.
- Lead and proactively manage the TMAG in articulating the vision, negotiating, and defining priorities, and applying contemporary people management practices to support a high-performing, motivated and supportive workforce including the facilitation and support of the career and professional development of TMAG employees.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of all relevant activities and resources involved in the successful delivery of TMAG programs.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders within the private sector, local government, and other government and non-government agencies and with donors, sponsors, and philanthropists to further promote and develop the museum and its programs.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with relevant national and international cultural organisations and participate in appropriate committees and forums.
- Initiate, develop and implement proposals to increase opportunities for broader participation in museum and cultural activities in Tasmania
- Represent the Board, Government and department on a range of external forums
- Provide advice for the development of government policies and strategies relating to Tasmania’s museums and art galleries.
- Conviction check: Crimes involving dishonesty
- A relevant degree or other tertiary qualification.
- Established networks or contacts with international museums and art galleries, arts patrons and other stakeholders in the museum and cultural organisation sector in Australia and elsewhere or, alternatively, the capacity to build such networks.
Please contact the consultants assisting the Board and Department of State Growth to obtain the link to the Information for Candidates site that has more information on TMAG, the role, and the application requirements.
AEGEUS Executive Search
P: +61 3 6118 2688
E: [email protected]