The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial’s purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
Education Assistants play a key role in the delivery of a range of face-to-face education and public programs to visitors to the Memorial, including school students, teachers, community, and other special interest groups. In addition, Education Assistants contribute to program development, deliver a range of front-of-house services, and assist with project work and administrative functions. As an Education Assistant, you will have strong people skills and customer service, flexibility when working in a busy environment, and empathy for the purpose and mission of the Memorial.
- Employment is of a casual nature, there are no set hours. Rostered shifts are based on the changing demands of visitor bookings.
- The minimum availability required is two shifts per week. Both weekday and weekend availability is desirable.
- Under general direction, deliver education and public programs to a range of visitors to the Memorial, including out of hours, liaising with Memorial staff and volunteers, school teachers, and tour operators on operational matters pertaining to the visit.
- Assist in the development of Australian curriculum educational programs, tours, and learning resources both on-site and as outreach.
- Assist in administrative tasks and project work related to the provision of the Memorial’s education and public programs and education resources.
- Experience working with children is required.
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
To apply please visit: https://www.awm.gov.au/get-involved/work-or-volunteer/employment