Education Officer – Sovereign Hill
|Closing date:||October 25, 2021|
|Employment status:||This is a full-time (40 hours per week) role, looking to commence in 2022|
|Contact name:||Georgia Fraser, 53292328|
The Sovereign Hill Museums Association is a Ballarat-based not-for profit organisation that uses our history to inspire future generations to adapt for a better future through the work we deliver at Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, Narmbool farm and the soon to open Australian Centre for Rare Arts and Trades and Australian Centre for Gold Rush Collections.
Sovereign Hill Education delivers learning experiences to more than 100,000 students each year across our three sites of the Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, museum collections and at Narmbool, delivering high quality, well-researched and engaging education programs.
Sovereign Hill is seeking a dynamic and suitability qualified Education Officer to join our Learning team for January 2022. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled professional to work closely within a dedicated learning team in the design and delivery of on-site and online learning with museum settings.
Programs include Education Officer-led sessions for students immersing learners in history, sustainability and our collections, professional development opportunities for teachers, tailored learning programs with education partners and the facilitation of life-long learning experiences. Education Officers develop curriculum resources, share knowledge across the sector, and promote the value of learning in museums and heritage sites.
All education programs are aligned with the Victorian and Australian Curriculum and Sovereign Hill’s purpose and mission to engage learners to explore historical narratives, to be curious and provide opportunities for inquiry.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge and keen interest in Australian history and/or science, environment and sustainability and demonstrated ability to communicate this to a variety of audiences
- Excellent teaching and classroom management skills in a school, museum or similar environment with a sound knowledge and understanding of Victorian school curricula and an understanding of contemporary learning practices for camps and excursions
- Demonstrated experience in the development and provision of innovative programs for various ages and skill levels with onsite, offsite and online delivery modes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment in the design or management of new programs or projects to achieve desired outcomes
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Relevant computer skills and experience in effective use of digital technologies in educational settings
- An interest and/or experience in digital programming advantageous
Qualifications and Checks
- Relevant teaching qualifications and/or other qualifications with demonstrated experience in history, heritage, fine arts, museum studies, human studies, cultural studies, environmental or related disciplines
- Employee Working with Children check/ VIT
- Police check
- Current First Aid Certificate
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
Please apply through the Sovereign Hill Careers webpage at https://sovereignhill.com.au/careers
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.