Education Programs Producer – Museums Victoria
|Closing date:||April 12, 2021|
|Salary:||$85,279 per annum (Base of grade); paid pro-rata plus 9.5% superannuation|
|Employment status:||Part-time, ongoing position (4.5 days per week)|
|Location :||Melbourne - CBD|
|Contact name:||Nadya Tkachenko|
Ever fancied working at a Museum? There is a tremendous ongoing position in the Public Programs & Education Department of Museums Victoria, with exciting career prospects to grow and develop.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria (MV) is a diverse and exciting place to work. We are based over various venues: Melbourne Museum, IMAX cinemas and the Royal Exhibition Building (next to the Carlton Gardens), Immigration Museum (across the South Waterfront), Scienceworks (Spotswood).
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Museums Victoria is seeking an experienced and talented Education Programs Producer to develop and deliver curriculum-based programs to meet the learning needs of diverse education audiences. The role is primarily based at the Immigration Museum.
Notable skills and experience:
- Excellent practitioner whose teaching is informed by contemporary educational research
- High-level communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers and colleagues
- Experience delivering learning programs aligned with the Victorian Curriculum, including intercultural capability
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a passionate educator, with a flair for creativity.
Some of the key duties include:
Research, develop and deliver curriculum-based programs at Immigration Museum in accordance with Museums Victoria’s objectives and priorities, and consistent with current DET and CECV curriculum.
- Provide guidance, including professional advice on curricula, teaching methodology, student engagement and learning styles, to Museum staff involved in the development and delivery of programs and identify opportunities to use programs across venues and in a range of contexts
- Develop and deliver virtual learning programs for students and teachers using a range of digital tools
- Regularly evaluate education programs and analyse student and teacher feedback for reporting purposes (i.e. reports to DET)
- Identify and monitor external trends and issues, and provide advice on these to staff and senior management
- Supervise the training of, and provide ongoing feedback to, Museum staff who present education programs
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant stakeholders which support the achievement of Museums Victoria’s strategic directions.
Please see our Role Statement for a copy of the full Key Selection Criteria and Duties.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the position description, visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.