Event Operations Planner – Museums Victoria
|Closing date:||December 8, 2022|
|Salary:||The salary on offer is $82,101 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation|
|Employment status:||This role is Part-time (0.4FTE) and Fixed-term until April 2023|
|Location :||VIC- Metro|
|Contact name:||Jo Beshara, 0437 266 733|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a highly organised and passionate Operations professional to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Your experience in the delivery and execution of major stakeholder events will be vital in this role. This includes oversight and effective planning and delivery of events which ensure client satisfaction, compliance with relevant industry, venue and legal regulations and delivering event services within budget expectations across all Museums Victoria venues, including Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks, Immigration Museum and Royal Exhibition Building.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria is a diverse and exciting place to work. Across our venues – Melbourne Museum, Royal Exhibition Building, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, Melbourne Planetarium and IMAX cinemas – we present unique and exceptional experiences for more than 2 million visitors each year, who come from all over Australia and around the world to be inspired and to learn about themselves and the universe we inhabit.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
The position is accountable for the allocation of staffing resources to events and for the oversight and effective planning and delivery of events which ensure client satisfaction, compliance with relevant industry, venue and legal regulations and delivering event services within budget expectations.
Working alongside the Museum Space team at Melbourne Museum, key duties of this role include:
- Work as a team leader for the team of Event Coordinators, including daily task allocation and rostering;
- Work with clients to prepare customised event documentation including, but not limited to, floor plans, event orders and exhibitor manuals; Read, review and communicate relevant event information; implement the event plans during the Hire Licence Period.
- Coordinate event debriefs to identify areas to improve processes relating to the planning and delivery of events; implement process improvements where appropriate;
- Monitor activities within each event venue and surrounding precinct to ensure clients and contractors are working in a manner within OH&S requirements providing a safe environment, including acting as Chief, Deputy or Area Warden for emergency evacuations; Ensuring any risks and incidents are reported in the appropriate manner;
- Work with clients, contractors and visitors during the hire licence period to coordinate the resolution of operational issues to ensure client satisfaction without compromising safety or security and in line with standard operating procedures;
- Monitor the special requirements at each venue to ensure damage is minimised, and the condition of the building is maintained. Complete basic maintenance and repair tasks as required;
- Source and oversee event-specific venue-related services in line with the event specification and engage external suppliers within project budgets. The event-specific venue-related services (e.g. car parking, kiosk, food, flowers, telecommunications, audio visual, equipment hire, utility connections and specialist products/services) during hire licence periods to ensure client satisfaction and compliance with Museums Victoria policies and procedures;
- Enhance the client relationship at every opportunity by delivering consistent and continuous levels of service during the event planning, on-site and review stages;
- Ensure the completion of event-related documentation such as, but not limited to: event checklists, event reports, incident reports, maintenance reports and compliance reports;
- Work collaboratively across the department and organisation to contribute to achieving the commercial objectives.
- Comply with Museums Victoria’s policies and procedures and with relevant legislation and regulations and ensure Occupational Health & Safety standards are reinforced and maintained.
For more information or to apply visit: Museums Victoria website.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.