Commemoration and Visitor Engagement (CVE) Section is part of the Public Programs Branch. The Section delivers the Memorial’s visitor experience across commemorative, interpretive and visitor service platforms 364 days a year. The Section comprises of four teams:
- Visitor Services
- Events & Ceremonies
- Last Post Ceremony
There are twelve positions in the Events and Ceremonies team. The annual program delivered by the team includes:
- Three major national ceremonies
- Approximately 70 commemorative ceremonies
- Approximately 10 visits for Heads of State or Head of Government
- Approximately 250 VIP visits per year
- Delivery of corporate events and launches
- Under general direction and working within established frameworks, coordinate and oversee the implementation of allocated events and ceremonies and VIP visits.
- Prepare documentation to a high standard and contribute to the ongoing development and review of events and ceremonies procedural documentation.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, contractors, and third party agencies.
- As required, provide support to staff in the delivery of their assigned projects and tasks.
- Represent the Memorial at meetings as required and manage client and stakeholder expectations.
- Actively participate and contribute to team and section meetings, prioritising work and sharing information and ideas.
- Undertake manual handling tasks on a wide range of projects including but not limited to electrical and audio equipment, bollards, barriers and other items used for events and ceremonies.
- There are no media or marketing aspects to this position
- This position will be required to work outside core business hours, weekends and public holidays.
For more information or to apply visit the AWM website.