Under limited direction the Executive Assistant provides executive assistance, calendar management, administrative and office support to the Memorial’s three Assistant Directors (SES Band 1). The work involves: calendar scheduling and management; the preparation of travel arrangements, routine correspondence and hospitality for official guests; developing and maintaining internal office systems and procedures; and undertaking simple research and analysis tasks as well as provision of briefs/papers for meetings.
- Provide administrative and office support services to the Assistant Directors including scheduling and management of multiple calendars, meet and greet official guests, preparing routine correspondence, undertaking various administrative projects, drive the Assistant Directors to and from appointments at various times.
- Utilise SharePoint and other systems for data entry of corporate information and statistics, including Microsoft Office.
- Ensure a high presentation standard of the Executive area including the Council room, lounge and kitchen.
- Utilise the Memorial’s financial management systems to process purchase orders and management of a credit card.
- Organise domestic travel for Assistant Directors and members of the Australian War Memorial Council.
- Arrange hospitality for official guests and for Council meetings.
- Organise office supplies as required.
- Abide by and further the principles and practices of Work Health and Safety as outlined in the WHS Act, taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and ensuring that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Work collaboratively as an integral and coordinating part of the wider Executive Support team.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- work an 8:30am – 5:00pm working day
- obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance and
- hold a current Australian driver’s licence and be willing to drive senior management to and from appointments at various times.
For more information or to apply visit the: AWM website.