Executive Assistant to the Director – AWM
|Closing date:||April 23, 2019|
|Institution:||Australian War Memorial|
|Salary:||$77,795 - $87,043|
|Employment status:||Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term|
|Location :||Campbell - ACT|
|Contact name:||Chris Widenbar, 02 6243 4210|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Executive Assistant to the Director (EA-D) provides executive support to the Director of the Australian War Memorial and under limited direction manages the Director’s office, communications, calendar management, office support, travel and other administrative matters.
The EA-D must possess a high level of discretion and excellent organisational and time-management skills suited to a fast-paced environment. Regular tasks include calendar management, travel management, the actioning of routine correspondence, emails and phone calls, arranging hospitality for official guests and finance administration for the Director’s Office. The role is responsible for developing and maintaining internal office systems and procedures, including for other administrative roles in the team, and undertaking limited research and analysis tasks.
The role requires the EA-D to liaise and communicate with senior staff, key external stakeholders, dignitaries, VIPs and donors on behalf of the Director by writing and face to face. To be successful the Executive Assistant to the Director must build collaborative and inclusive networks across the Memorial and with key external stakeholders. The formation and maintenance of good working relationships is crucial to the effectiveness of the role.
This role works across the Memorial and a good understanding of the full range of the Memorial’s activities as a world-class shrine, museum and archive is essential. The EA-D will occasionally be required to participate in activities outside of the core duties of the role, such as attendance at ceremonies, assisting with VIP luncheons or other activities to develop and improve this understanding.
The role is part of the Executive Support Team reporting to the Executive Officer to the Director. The role liaises closely with the Assistant Directors, the EA to the Assistant Directors as well as Section Heads and other senior staff as required and relevant to priorities.
- Provide a very high level of administrative and office support services to the Director including calendar management, hospitality for Official guests, preparation of routine correspondence and undertaking various administrative projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Director’s Executive Officer to ensure a thorough and consistent approach to matters of the Director’s Office and in the administration of the Director’s Office.
- Utilise the Memorial’s financial management systems to process purchase orders, travel and credit card reconciliations for the Director’s Office.
- Organise frequent domestic and international travel for the Director.
- Continuous improvement of Director’s Office performance through the use of efficient and practical administrative processes and systems and the sound application of professional knowledge to support the Memorial’s senior staff and meet the Memorial’s Service Charter.
- Abide by and further the principles and practices of Work Health and Safety as outlined in the WHS Act, taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and ensuring that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Work collaboratively as part of the wider Executive Support team.
- The role requires frequent overtime and out of hours work.
- The successful applicant must hold a current Australian driver licence and be willing to drive senior management to and from appointments at various times.
- The successful applicant must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term.
For more information or to apply visit APSJobs.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.