Exhibition Lighting Technician – MAAS
|Closing date:||November 1, 2020|
|Institution:||Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences|
|Salary:||$72,418 – $79,297 + superannuation + leave loading|
|Employment status:||Temporary opportunity (up to 2 years) for an experienced Lighting Technician|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney - Inner West|
|Contact name:||Shane Fitzgerald, 02 9217 0522|
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science, and technology and plays a critical role in engaging communities with contemporary ideas and issues. Established in 1879, the museum includes the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory, and the Museums Discovery Centre. The Museum is custodian to over half a million objects of national and international significance and is considered one of the finest and most diverse collections in Australia.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Australia. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW.
In this role, you will install, configure, operate, and maintain lighting equipment to ensure the efficient and effective operation of visitor, program and event experiences across our venues, theatres, studios, exhibitions, and public spaces.
Key highlights are:
- Installation set up and operation of lighting equipment in exhibition spaces for exhibitions, productions, and events.
- Follow and create documentation such as lighting plans, patch sheets, cue lists and other technical documents as required.
- Identify and problem solve lighting technical faults.
- Provide advice and technical evaluations related to electrical requirements for exhibition design, installation, construction, modifications, maintenance, and repairs, including running costs, employee and public safety issues.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and repair electrical plant and equipment at all MAAS venues.
- Ensure technical requirements are delivered safely, making WHS a high priority for all Production employees.
- Properly store, clean, and maintain equipment and keep all storage and workshop areas clean and tidy
What will it take?
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in the operations and support lighting and media delivery systems in an exhibition or theatre environment.
- A broad and developed knowledge and understanding of lighting equipment and operation.
- Familiarity with and understanding of relevant computer systems and specialised software. The ability to use standard software and learn in house systems is also required.
- Construction White Card and Elevated Work Platform Licence required.
- Physical capacity – This role requires that you have the physical capacity to install lighting equipment which may require climbing ladders, working at heights, operating hand tools and other related physical tasks.
- Drivers Licence preferred.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.