About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum operates within the NSW Department of Trade and Investment. The Museum provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The Australian Museum is the first museum in Australia; founded in 1827 its mission is to inspire exploration, understanding and care for our world. The Australian Museum is at an exciting time in its evolution with a new Director, transformational development works underway and significant plans for the future expansion of the Museum.
About the role
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, manage and lead the conceptual development and physical delivery of; assigned on site-displays, major long term or temporary and/or travelling exhibition projects, according to supplied project brief(s). The role entails working and leading other specialists and providers through all stages of project research to the conceptual and thematic exhibition development and physical delivery. The role requires developing a good understanding of the core cultural and/or scientific themes of the exhibition topic and making informed project assessments and providing sound recommendations to more senior managers and Directors at project meetings, reviews and other key project milestones.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description
- Degree in Arts or Science, or demonstrated equivalent industry experience
- Class C Drivers License, a (construction) White Card, and; Quarantine Approved Premises (Class 2- 9) Accreditation, or a clear undertaking to obtain same upon appointment to role.
Applicants must submit:
- A one to two page cover letter which addresses the above essential requirements and a response to the following question: Please include two examples of major exhibitions you have managed, including the exhibition title and its year, the approximate budgets and institution(s) who commissioned the projects.
- Resume in support of claims
Enquiries: Elizabeth Cowell, 9320 6325 or [email protected]
How to apply: Please apply by going to the advertisement on the Jobs NSW website and clicking “Apply Online”. Only applications submitted through Jobs NSW will be considered.
New employment legislation applies to the NSW public sector with effect from 24th February 2014. All current and new Public Service non-executive employees will be employed at a classification level and assigned to a role rather than appointed to a position. Employees may be re-assigned to other roles at the same classification over time, in line with organisation priorities and/or personal development plans.