The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is northern Australia’s premier cultural institution. It offers a dynamic and diverse arts, science and cultural program to approximately 300,000 visitors each year.
MAGNT’s objective is to maintain the highest standards of excellence in preserving, researching, exhibiting and communicating the record of natural history, art and peoples of the Northern Territory. Its mission is to be ‘a world class museum connecting people and stories of the Northern Territory’.
MAGNT has six sites, Bullocky Point, the Defence of Darwin Experience, Fannie Bay Gaol, Lyons Cottage, the Museum of Central Australia (incorporating the Strehlow Research Centre) and the Alcoota fossil site. In mid-2018 we will be opening our seventh site, a megafauna centre in Todd Mall, Alice Springs.
Provide quality service in the areas of Exhibitions and Facilities for maintenance, installation and de-installation of exhibitions, building and facilities repairs and maintenance, day to day operations and other duties in museum environment.
- Assist the Exhibitions team with exhibitions at MAGNT
- Assist in the operation of the workshop including fabrication of materials for exhibition production.
- Assist the Engagement team with set up for events
- Coordinate and supervise induction and access for all contractors undertaking works on site, including making security arrangements as required.
- Develop effective working relationships with contractors, tradespeople and suppliers.
- Monitor and maintain the general appearance of galleries and other public spaces to ensure they meet functional standards and WHS requirements.
- Work in a co-operative manner with all team members to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Liaise with contractors and arrange maintenance and works for all MAGNT facilities including heritage properties.
- Provide support to the Security Control Room and the Control Officers as required.
For more information or to apply visit: www.magnt.net.au/careers