The Exhibitions Officer assists with the planning, development, installation, maintenance and de-installation of core and temporary exhibitions. The role also supports the travelling exhibitions program, and assists in the delivery of museum engagement programs. To succeed in this role, you will need to be creative, organised, and have excellent stakeholder management skills.
The key duties of the position include:
Under the broad supervision of the EL1 Manager Exhibitions:
- Assist in the development of new exhibitions and engagement activities, including creating prototypes, testing ideas, and carrying out the final installation and delivery of projects.
- Lead the installation, de-installation and maintenance of exhibition furniture, lighting, signage and objects.
- Manage and maintain (at a safe working standard) all exhibition hardware, including lighting fixtures.
- Advise on exhibition furniture and infrastructure needs for exhibition developments and changeovers, and source and procure materials as required.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in determining the installation needs of collection objects and manage contractors working on associated projects.
- Provide support to other team members as required.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.