In this rewarding role you will assist the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery (QVMAG) Exhibition Department to plan, design construct and install exhibitions and displays.
- The attainment of Year 10 secondary school education with sound levels of numeracy and literacy and/or an appropriate trade qualification from a recognised training institution combined with several years’ experience undertaking the Accountabilities/ Major Duties of the role.
- Ability and experience working on exhibition installations, gallery lighting and safe handling of objects/artworks.
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment to an agreed schedule.
- Good communication skills including ability to work at heights and experience with manual handling.
- Experience in interpreting plans /designs and competent skills working with wood, metal and acrylic plastics (including the use of various machinery and power tools).
- Basic computer skills.
- Current driver’s licence which must be retained.
- Working with Vulnerable People registration (Tasmanian).
For more information or to apply visit: JobsTas.