Museum Victoria is seeking an Experience and Interpretation Manager to ensure that exhibitions engage audiences, using interpretive development best practice, audience research and learning outcome methodologies.
- Your opportunity to ensure quality content and experience within Museum exhibitions.
- Work with passionate and creative project leaders.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
About the position:
The Experience & Interpretation Manager is accountable for ensuring the development of engaging, story-led experiences in our long term, inbound temporary and outbound exhibition projects, influencing teams and stakeholders to ensure experiences engage and communicate effectively with the defined audience/s, within the appropriate brand and tone of voice. This is delivered in a range of ways: directly by the incumbent’s own work; by managing Experience Developer/s; by mentoring and supporting teams; and by creating a culture that facilitates international best practice in exhibition interpretation.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in a leadership role in audience-centred concept development in a museum or similar environment; a cultural architect for audience-centred experiences
- An ability to fashion information and assets into compelling experiences, drawing on knowledge of narrative, characterisation, theme and plot
- Experience in developing content frameworks, interpretive strategies and audience outcome methodologies to guide content development and delivery across a range of sites and experiences
- An ability to apply audience research to ensure visitor needs are met and barriers to engagement removed
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills with the proven ability to work in teams while maintaining a clear focus on project goals
- Strong influencing skills, demonstrating a high level of skill in relationship management and emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to develop clear and engaging text across a range of media and subjects, for a range of audiences
- Knowledge of current trends in museum practice, with the ability to develop and apply innovative approaches to experience development
How to apply:
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Paul Bowers on (03) 8341 7372.