- This is your opportunity to develop engaging and professional exhibitions at Museum Victoria.
- Work closely with professional and talented departments including the audience research team, MV designers, curators and others.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
Museum Victoria is seeking an enthusiastic Experience Developer to cultivate exhibitions that engage audiences, using interpretive development best practice, audience research and learning outcome methodologies.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/
About the position:
This position is accountable for creating engaging, story-led experiences in long term, inbound temporary and outbound exhibition projects. Working with audience research, the person will work in project teams with designers, curators and others to ensure the experience and media engages and communicates effectively with the defined audience/s, within the appropriate brand and tone of voice. Notable skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in audience-centred experience development in a museum or similar environment;
- An ability to fashion information and assets into compelling experiences, drawing on knowledge of narrative, characterisation, theme and plot;
- An ability to grapple with complex content, and develop clear audience-focused approaches to its communication using audience research appropriately;
- Proven ability to develop clear and engaging text across a range of media and subjects, for a range of audiences
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills with the proven ability to work in teams while maintaining a clear focus on project goals
- Knowledge of current trends in museum practice, with the ability to develop and apply innovative approaches to experience development.
This is a full-time, ongoing position. The salary on offer is $73,854 + 9.5% superannuation.
How to apply
To view the position description, search ’employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Paul Bowers on (03) 8341 7372.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/