The Facilities and IT Section is engaged in the facility management services for Old Parliament House. This includes building maintenance, provision of a clean, healthy environment for all staff and visitors and ensuring public safety regarding the building’s emergency services and security. The section is also responsible for preserving the heritage fabric of the building while overseeing and managing the buildings’ progressive restoration and upgrades including infrastructure, refurbishment projects and larger capital works.
As the APS3 Facilities Administrative Officer under the direction of the Manager of Facilities & Procurement you will:
- Monitor and coordinate Facilities and IT tasks via the Facilities Helpdesk and inbox.
- Process purchase orders and invoices through the finance management system; MYOB.
- Assist with security awareness and warden training and participate in the Emergency Control Organisation.
- Prepare routine correspondence and other general administrative tasks as required.
- Assist in the day to day facilities maintenance tasks which include:
- Maintain the Procurement Register and undertake AusTender Reporting
- Coordinate minor furniture and staff relocations
- Coordinate disposals
- Undertake stocktake of catering equipment
- Coordinate coloured lights and event approvals
- Assist with Minor Works action proposals
- Assist with managing keys, passes, locks and flags
6. Coordinate Work Health and Safety (WHS) actions including maintaining the WHS register and secretariat functions.
The successful applicant must be:
- An Australian Citizen
- Willing to undergo an Australian Government security clearance and maintain it at the baseline level
Selection Documentation: Norrae Johnston 02 6270 8297
For more information or to apply visit: MoAD Jobs.