About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet, is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite.
The AM mission is: To ignite wonder, inspire debate and drive change.
The AM vision is: To be a leading voice for the richness of life, the Earth and culture in Australia and the Pacific. We commit to transform the conversation around climate change, the environment and wildlife conservation; be a strong advocate for First Nations’ culture; and continue to develop world-leading science, collections, exhibitions and education programs.
For more information, visit the website.
The AM supports a diverse workforce and promotes applications from First Nation and Torres Strait Islander people. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, Australian Museum will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
About the Role
Provide support to the Senior Manager, Physical Infrastructure in co-ordinating and delivering a diverse range of facilities and contract management services for the Australian Museum that comply with all codes and regulations, meet service requirements, provide value for money and ensure a safe and secure work environment for all building occupants and visitors.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent industry experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in providing support in a facilities and building services environment with an understanding of air conditioning and electrical systems and associated computerised control systems, with an emphasis on buildings, which have a heritage component and are multi-use public facilities.
- Project planning, management and delivery skills and experience with contract management in a building services context, with a particular focus on general maintenance or multi-disciplinary activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of guidelines, Work Health and Safety (WH&S) legislation and regulations; NSW government procurement and tendering processes; and building services and infrastructure, including building codes and standards.
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description.
- Knowledge of mainpac or similar asset management software is an advantage.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.