The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial’s purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
Under general direction, the Facilities Manager is responsible for detailed management of facility works and maintenance programs including the work of a wide range of contractors performing these services for the Memorial. The work involves: maintenance and development of the Memorial grounds and Memorials; management and administration of facility-related contracts including cleaning and accommodation upgrade projects; management, development and implementation of a range of facility policies and procedures.
The key duties of the position include:
- Lead and manage a small facilities team including coaching, mentoring and performance management as required.
- Under general direction provide strategic management of all Memorial facilities including the detailed management of maintenance contracts and development of related tender documentation, contracts, schedules, budgets, plans, policies and procedures.
- Overall accountability and strategic management of projects and contractors for the development and maintenance of the grounds, horticultural, vehicle management, cleaning and waste management across all Memorial buildings and sites.
- Preparation and management of budgets, , schedules, resource planning and administrative tasks as required, including identifying opportunities for improved working practices to reflect the changing environment of museums and cultural collections.
- Oversight and delivery of various projects including for staff and accommodation enhancements in accordance with: Commonwealth Procurement Rules, Tenders, Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards.
- Management and delivery of the Memorial’s Buildings and Exhibition Maintenance and Minor New Works System.
- Exercise financial and administrative delegations and functions including deputising for the Head of Buildings and Services.
- Manage providing advice and facility support on the delivery of a range of Section-managed facility services and client service programs, including Anzac and Remembrance Day coordination and site management.
- Coordinate delivery of workplace health and safety processes including contractor site induction, safe work method statement review and supervision, and safe handling and movement of a wide range of objects and equipment.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.