Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
Our Engineering & Operations Division is responsible for the overall operations of the Outdoor Museum as well as constructing and maintaining all buildings and displays across Sovereign Hill, Comfort Inn Sovereign Hill, Gold Museum and Narmbool. So as not to interfere with the visitor’s experience, works are carried out with minimal disruption to the daily operation of the outdoor museum. Works are also carried to historical standards of heritage building construction standards as they pertain to our era and modern standards.
The Engineering Maintenance team consists of approximately 13 staff and delivers services 5 days per week, and weekends if required.
We are seeking a dedicated and qualified individual to join our team in the position of Full-time General Maintenance Technician.
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals who possess:
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Initiative and problem solving skills whilst been able to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and work from plans
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Experience in sourcing materials
- Competence in the use of all building power and hand tools as well as workshop machinery
- Maturity and responsibility to deal with all facets of the general public
If you are looking for work within a great team and love variety in your daily work, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
For full details on the position including the required Key Selection Criteria and information on how to apply, please visit our website at www.sovereignhill.com.au/careers
Applications close midnight Sunday 15 March 2015
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record and Working with Children Checks.