General Manager Events – Te Papa
|Closing date:||August 21, 2022|
|Institution:||Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Location :||Wellington, NZ|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors. Biculturalism is a founding philosophy and practice of Te Papa designed to explore the contribution of Māori language and culture to the life, culture and activities of the museum in small and large ways. Te Papa fosters and nurtures cross-cultural capability, the ability of people of different cultural backgrounds to interact with one another in positive and uplifting ways.
We are looking for a self-motivated, high energy candidate who can demonstrate their initiative to lead and manage a small team of professionals responsible for delivering events to both internal and external Te Papa stakeholders. The Manager Events Operations will support the development and operational delivery of events, managing operational and administrative functions to ensure the effective delivery within well managed project budgets. As the Manager Events Operations you will need to travel for onsite inspections and event delivery purposes.
To be successful in the role, you’ll bring following:
- A minimum of five years experience in event management or event coordination, development and or coordination roles.
- A minimum of five years experience in project management and budgeting
- An understanding of Te Papa’s bicultural philosophy and the partnership approach set out in Te Tirirtī o Waitangi
- Proven ability to manage, lead, motivate and develop a small team
- Excellent relationship management skills and a proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- A qualification in or equivalent work related experience in; Events Management, Marketing, or Hospitality
- Great time management skills with ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills, a solutions based approach and be a confident decision maker
- Skilled in strategy and promoting business development
Applicants must have experience in and an ability to work flexible full-time hours, including evenings and weekends.
The starting salary for this position will be between $85,000 to $100,000 pa with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at Te Papa will require a declaration of Vaccination Status (confirmation that you are currently ‘up to date’ with vaccination against COVID 19 or, you are not currently vaccinated or ‘up to date’ with vaccination against COVID-19). Future appointees will also need to agree to comply with any future Government or Te Papa mandates or requirements relating to vaccination against COVID-19.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
To view the job description for this role please copy and paste the following link into your browser https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/736621_JobDesc.pdf
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.