About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum operates within the NSW Department of Trade and Investment. The Museum provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The Australian Museum is the first museum in Australia; founded in 1827 its mission is to inspire exploration, understanding and care for our world. The Australian Museum is at an exciting time in its evolution with a new Director, transformational development works underway and significant plans for the future expansion of the Museum.
About the role
The Head, Building & Security Services is responsible for the management of the Museum’s built assets, major plant and security services. The role leads a team of 11 people, plus contractors as required. This includes the planning and management of building upgrades, major plant acquisitions, systems maintenance, relevant legislative compliance, accommodation and relocations, telecommunications, as well as all aspects of the Museum’s security and emergency management.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate
- Capacity to design and implement building management strategies, total asset management plans, policies and practices for the Australian Museum to ensure management of facilities and provision of related services that are responsive to the changing environment.
- Extensive experience in facilities contractor management , physical security systems and CCTV, emergency management, building plant and equipment management, particularly air conditioning, fire detection, sprinklers, gas suppression and others
- Strong team leadership skills with an ability to successfully communicate and negotiate with various stakeholders, suppliers, contractors, staff, other managers and external agencies.
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in the Role Description
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated, equivalent, relevant professional experience.
For more information please download the documents Role Description and Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
Applicants must submit:
1. A one to two page covering letter which addresses the above essential requirements and also include a response to the following two questions.
- Please describe your experience in working with significant Heritage buildings and the issues that may affect expected outcomes or timeframes.
- Please provide a detailed example of a major building services tender process that you have undertaken and the issues associated with that process.
Please note that only applications submitted through Jobs NSW will be considered.
Enquiries: Paul Ryan, 02 9320 6046 or [email protected]
How to apply: Please apply by going to the advertisement on the Jobs NSW website and clicking “Apply Online”. Only applications submitted through Jobs NSW will be considered.