The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial’s purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
The Head, Digital Experience is responsible for the leadership and strategic management of the Memorial’s digital presence, including websites, social media, staff intranet, and delivery of interactive digital museum experiences. The role manages both the technical aspects of digital delivery for a world-class museum as well as content development and publishing, leading a team of professionals skilled in each. The Head, Digital Experience will have a strong focus on user experience and project management coupled with timely and strategic advice on digital communication and online engagement to senior management.
- Lead and manage the digital experience team to deliver the Memorial’s Digital Engagement Strategy 2019 -22 and support the organisations corporate priorities.
- Manage and maintain the Memorial’s websites, including content, usability and use experience, as well as supporting IT systems and infrastructure.
- Lead content development for websites (including management of all online publishing) and social media.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver positive digital communication outcomes
- Develop and implement policies and initiatives that will shape the direction of offsite public engagement including rich media content development
- Provide Advice on emerging digital technologies to the Memorial’s Public Engagement Strategy Group.
- Provide strong leadership on the Digital Experience section, including developing staff capabilities, project management and work planning to deliver against the Digital Engagement Strategy
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
To apply visit: https://www.awm.gov.au/get-involved/work-or-volunteer/employment
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email [email protected]