The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Head, Digital Experience is responsible for the leadership and management of the Memorial’s online and digital presence. This involves the management and delivery of the Memorial’s digital and online capability, including strategy and provision of advice and policies to senior management that will shape the direction of offsite public engagement and manage the team structure to develop and enhance delivery of content. The role is also responsible for the strategic direction, development and management of IT systems that support web and social media activity including future digital technologies and platforms. Leadership and development of the team and development of organisational capability is also of prime importance.
Lead and manage the Digital Experience team in:
- Delivery and evolution of the digital strategy to drive public engagement in line with the objectives of the Memorial;
- Manage and maintain the Memorial’s website including enhanced usability and user experience;
- Develop content creation methodologies including online publishing and social media
- Liaising closely with Memorial Sections responsible for content expertise in ensuring efficient processes exist for the timely production and delivery; and
- Providing strong leadership and development to staff, promoting open communication, initiative and achievement.
- Manage and develop IT systems and infrastructure that support website and other digital channels.
- Develop and implement policies and initiatives that will shape the direction of offsite public engagement including rich media content development.
- Provide advice on emerging digital technologies to the Memorial’s Public Engagement Strategy Group.
- Develop staff capabilities within the section including project management and work planning to deliver against the digital strategy.
- Abide by and further the principles and practices of Work Health and Safety as outlined in the WHS Act, taking reasonable care for their own health & safety and ensuring that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
For more information or to apply visit the AWM website.