The key duties of the position include:
Reporting to the Assistance Director and Chief Experience Officer you will establish and maintain an integrated audience-focused visitor offer in the museum with ‘Digital First’ mentality, working closely with colleagues across the organisation, primarily with the curatorial, digital, learning, project management, marketing, brand, and communications teams. This is a pivotal role in the Experience division where you will lead the Collections, Conservation, Preparation & Installation, and Exhibitions teams to further the Museum’s mission with respect to collection care, loan activity, temporary exhibitions, and on-going presentations of the permanent collection.
The position is accountable for planning the exhibition program, including the development of innovative programs that will expand our regional outreach together with the following:
- Lead the strategic innovation & creation and planning process for exhibitions
- Develop a suite of programs and exhibitions which will enhance & help remote areas in their economic recovery from
- Manage the Exhibitions and Collections program of work
- Oversee the management of the National Maritime Collection
- Coach, manage and inspire the Exhibitions and Collections section
- Oversee the management of collection stewardship process
- Build highly productive working relationships, both within and outside the museum. Develop and foster a network of contacts with national/international cultural institutions and ensure that outcomes of the museum’s exhibition and collections programs are effectively communicated to museum Executive, Council and Government
- Manage financial planning, operations and staffing resources
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience of audience-focused interpretation, exhibition, visitor experience and/or media development in a museum or similar institution
- Experience of successfully managing and engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in the field of exhibitions and interpretation, including awareness of current sector work in digital media
- Experience with the management and stewardship of museum collections and demonstrated awareness of object storage, handling and display requirements, loans protocols and acquisition and deaccession processes
- Strong organisational, budgeting and planning skills with a high level of attention to detail, including demonstrated budget and schedule management.
- Commercial acumen and ability to plan strategically, formulate business plans and budgets, manage resources, make effective decisions, and drive outcomes
- Leadership experience
For more information or to apply visit: JobsAPS.