Sydney Living Museums is a leading government agency in Australia with responsibility for conserving, managing, interpreting and activating places and sites of local, national and international significance. Established in 1980, our collection includes the UNESCO World Heritage listed Hyde Park Barracks, The Mint, Australia’s oldest surviving government building through to the twentieth century Rose Seidler House, which marks the arrival of the modernist movement to Australia. The collection is unlike other museums in that the significance of each is in the whole, and not just in the parts. The awareness of place frames each narrative. Our audiences are local, regional, national and international. Sydney Living Museums is a state cultural institution, reporting to the Minister for the Arts.
About the role
This role provides operational leadership and expert advice in conservation, heritage management, collections care and capital works across Sydney Living Museums to conserve and present the properties, collections and landscapes to the highest standards for the access, enjoyment and education of all visitors.
Applying for the role
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- Responses to the essential requirements of the role.
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
Job note: As a drivers’ licence is an essential requirement for this role you will be asked to provide a copy of your driving record if you are successful in proceeding to the interview stage.
Sydney Living Museums welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To be eligible for an ongoing role in the NSW Public Sector you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For temporary and casual roles you need to hold a valid visa giving you permission to work in Australia as required by the role.
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- Qualifications or extensive experience in developing and implementing complex projects in areas relevant to heritage conservation and management such as museum collections, architecture, building or land management including heritage gardens.
- Significant experience in initiating, developing and implementing capital works projects.
- Extensive experience in coordinating of a range of specialist heritage disciplines to deliver projects and programs.
- Ability to work within the boundaries of the Historic House Trust Act 1980 and the NSW State Plan.
- Current NSW drivers’ licence.
- Operating at a senior level in the heritage conservation space, what knowledge, skills and relevant experience will you draw upon to ensure best practice conservation, heritage interpretation and enhanced public access will be delivered by Sydney Living Museums?
- Please give an example of your ability to strategically plan and deliver a complex program of heritage projects that demonstrates how you utilise your leadership skill in managing and motivating a diverse team.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.