Head of Narmbool & Sustainability – Sovereign Hill
|Closing date:||September 22, 2021|
|Salary:||From $100,000.00 To $105,000.00 (Base + Super)|
|Employment status:||Fixed Term - Full Time|
|Location :||Ballarat, Victoria|
|Contact name:||Georgia Fraser, 53292328|
The Sovereign Hill Museums Association is a Ballarat-based not-for-profit organisation that uses our history to inspire future generations to adapt for a better future through the work we deliver at Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, Narmbool farm, and the soon to open Centre for Rare Arts and Trades and Centre for Goldrush Collections.
The Narmbool farm is a very special site with the potential to deliver an onsite sustainability experience to many more people over the coming years. We are looking for an experienced business manager with a passion for regional experiences and sustainability to guide this important part of Sovereign Hill’s future. Right across the Sovereign Hill businesses, our goal is to move to a net-zero sustainability position and eventually position to be generating our own power, recycling waste and water. The successful applicant will practically assess the feasibility of existing and new programs and unify key internal and external stakeholders behind the change programs required for the site to realise its full potential and lead major environmental sustainability initiatives across the organisation.
Our Narmbool 2000 hectare farm site is home to a number of existing programs, including the delivery of learning programs, incorporating camp and day programs, functions, and special events together with a large productive sheep-farming operation. The newly created role of Head of Narmbool and Sustainability is a fixed 3-year term. Based primarily at the Narmbool site, the position will work across both Narmbool and SHMA’s Golden Point facilities, to ensure the business operations and infrastructure of the Narmbool facility are appropriate, efficient, and effective in delivering high-quality outcomes to visitors and other stakeholders utilising the site both now and into the future.
The successful applicant must have:
- Demonstrable experience in new business development, including development and delivery of programs delivering strong commercial outcomes.
- Ability to successfully lead and deliver major change programs requiring collaboration across diverse internal and external stakeholder.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and lived experiences.
- Experience in delivering organisational outcomes in a tourism, museum, education, farm or visitor experience context and/or not-for-profit setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and implement a range of contemporary organisational development strategies, programs, policies, and operational practices to support strategic objectives.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role with responsibility for overseeing a like or comparable site
- Knowledge of agricultural sector beneficial
- Degree level qualifications in Business Management, Project Management or related field preferred
The successful applicant will be required to hold an employee Working with Children’s Check and undergo a Police Check.
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
Please apply through the Sovereign Hill Careers webpage at https://sovereignhill.com.au/careers
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.