Head of Technology & Digital Experience – AWMM
|Closing date:||February 18, 2019|
|Institution:||Auckland War Memorial Museum|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Location :||Auckland, NZ|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
Leading a team of technology and digital experience professionals, the Head of Technology and Digital Experience embodies the Museum’s values to inspire excellent customer service to its internal customers and create unique digital experiences for visitors.
This role is responsible for maintaining an overview of all technology and digital projects with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a tightly integrated approach to the Museum’s capital investment programme and Strategies.
To be successful in this role, you will have a:
- Minimum of five years industry experience in information communication technology, ICT management and programme/project management
- Minimum of five years industry experience in the development and deployment of exhibition media experiences, audio visual experiences and systems in a cultural context (GLAM sector)
- Experience with online museum projects – any and all experience highly valued
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL, service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Strong leadership skills and personal capability that allows for influencing colleagues to support an overall strategy
- Proven digital management skills within a similar organisation, demonstrating an ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Knowledge of current technologies and standards for Servers, SAN, Networking, Security, Application/Technology experience with Cisco, Microsoft, Watchguard, IBM
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 14150SK
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.