Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated ICT Applications Manager to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The role is as varied as the working environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility.
You will work with the Head of ICT to successfully plan, organize and manage specific operations to ensure the stable operation and on-going improvement of Auckland Museum’s ICT services and applications.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in management, technology, communications or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience managing and delivering ICT services, specifically application management and operational excellence
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Knowledge of current technologies and standards for security
- Leadership and personnel/project management skills are desirable
- Strong interpersonal, written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Highly responsive customer service and capable of presenting ideas in a user friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and lively organisation
- Holds a passion for dynamic museums and for working in a cross-functional team environment
Closing date: 5pm Thursday, 2nd July 2015
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 4950
YOU MUST APPLY VIA OUR CAREERS SITE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED INCORRECTLY WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.