Interpretation & Content Dev Coord – MoAD
|Closing date:||August 5, 2021|
|Institution:||Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House|
|Salary:||$79,444 to $91,470|
|Employment status:||12 month initial contract with the possibility of extension and ongoing.|
|Location :||Parkes ACT|
|Contact name:||Kate Armstrong, 02 6270 8112|
Interpretation & Content Development Coordinator
The Interpretation & Content Development Coordinator will work closely with the EL1 Manager Interpretation & Content Development and the APS4 Interpretation & Content Development Officer in three areas: heritage interpretation, collection development and management, and the development of MoAD’s Digital Asset Management System (DAMS).
The key duties of the position include:
- Scope, develop and deliver onsite, online, and outreach interpretive products and programs including content development and sourcing materials for research and display.
- Undertake content research for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of the museum collection through the assessment of donations/purchases, the completion of acquisition proposals, and participation in Pre-Acquisitions and Acquisitions Committee meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Interpretation & Content Development and Learning teams’ sub-collection (props), including the acquisition and accessioning of objects and managing the maintenance and storage of the collection.
- Contribute to the population of the DAMS, working particularly on legacy and archival content.
- Assist the team with administration, including work and project planning, budgeting and financial reporting, and supervision of staff.
- Maintain the interpreted spaces in the museum through regular curatorial inspections.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.