About the agency
Sydney Living Museums cares for 12 of the NSW most important historic houses, museums and their collections: Elizabeth Bay House, Elizabeth Farm, Government House, Hyde Park Barracks Museum, Justice & Police Museum, Meroogal, The Mint, Museum of Sydney, Rose Seidler House, Rouse Hill House & Farm, Susannah Place Museum and Vaucluse House. All are listed in the NSW State Heritage Register. The Museum of Sydney and the Hyde Park Barracks on the National Heritage list and the Hyde Park Barracks is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
For more detailed information on the operations and activities of Sydney Living Museums click here.
About the role
Provide inventory stock planning and coordination of Sydney Living Museums’ merchandise and publications to increase self-generated revenue.
Apply for the role
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
- Please provide an example of a time where you have provided administrative support that demonstrates how you have helped establish or improve administrative procedures to increase efficiency in a retail situation.
- Please provide an example of a time where you have provided analytical insights into a retail environment and give examples of the business outcomes on this analysis.
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- Experience in customer service, administration and records management in a retail environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, SunSystem, IPOS and retail management systems.
- Ability to manage lifting, carrying, kneeling and moving around heritage sites both internal and external environments.
Targeted Questions / Selection Criteria
There is no selection criteria to address for this role. You will be required to respond to the 2 targeted questions listed above during your application.