The National Museum of Australia has an exciting opportunity for an IT professional to join our Cultural and Corporate Shared Service Centre (CCSSC) Team as an IT Operations Manager. The role provides high-level IT technical support and delivers high-quality management of an ICT environment and IT-enabled business improvements. This role also advises and assists the CIO in the execution of a range of strategic initiatives to strengthen and support the Museum in delivering high-quality, uninterrupted, cyber-safe IT services to the Museum and CCSSC clients.
The key duties of the position include:
The successful candidate will have advanced expertise across a broad range of IT technical skills. You will have an in-depth understanding of relevant IT legislative and compliance frameworks and be able to provide advice on complex problems and issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have proven experience in taking responsibility, driving change and achieving quality outcomes. You will be a strategic thinker who is flexible, adaptable and experienced in dealing with ambiguity. A strong communicator, with excellent IT Service management experience in a shared services environment will be well regarded. You will have technical project management experience and proven capacity to effectively plan and organise your own work and the work of others.
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills and experience and demonstrated proficiency or understanding of the following IT systems and processes:
- Nutanix administration and the application of virtualised infrastructure
- operating system administration skills in AHV Servers, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux Server
- Microsoft application skills including ADFS, Exchange (cloud and on premise), SCCM, WSUS
- Windows server/desktop imaging skills – SCCM
- Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint and Azure administration
- server hardware, SAN/storage software management skills
- Simpana backup and recovery software
- PowerShell scripting
- maintaining network switches, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
To be eligible to apply for this vacancy, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen
- undergo a number of pre-employment checks, including a police records check
- obtain and maintain a valid Security Clearance at Negative Vetting Level 1.
Applicants must provide a current CV, respond to each of the selection criteria outlined in the position description and include contact details for two referees in their application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The National Museum of Australia is an equal employment opportunity workplace.
The National Museum of Australia is committed to ensuring a child-safe and child-friendly environment. All employees are expected to demonstrate a commitment to, and support for these principles in theory and practice.