Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Learning Facilitator – Outreach to facilitate learning programs and workshops to audiences unable to attend a Museums Victoria venue in regional Victoria and Greater Metropolitan Melbourne, as part of the Museums Victoria Outreach Program.
The position is accountable for facilitating programs, workshops, activities and shows that provide audiences unable to attend a Museums Victoria venue with access to the museum’s science and history collections in a way that meet Museums Victoria’s objectives and priorities. Programs are delivered either face-to-face or virtually.
Working within the Melbourne Museum Outreach team, key duties of this role include:
- Facilitate learning programs, workshops and shows for education booked groups and the general audiences (mainly four-year-old kindergarten children and Aged Care adults) using professional judgement to optimise learning for diverse audiences in regional Victoria and Greater Metropolitan Melbourne.
- Use contemporary digital tools to support and deliver engaging educational experiences both virtually and face-to-face, including troubleshoot and device. management.Collaborate on specific tasks associated with the operational administration and development of programs.
- Set up, pack up and assist in maintaining materials and resources used in the delivery of programs, workshops and activities and initiate improvements as required.
- Collaborate on specific tasks associated with the operational administration and development of programs.
- Provide feedback on audience response to programs, implement evaluation tools and participate in debriefs for audience evaluations and customer service purposes, as required.
- Work collaboratively with other Museums Victoria departments for the day-to-day delivery of programs.
Please see our Role Statement for a copy of the full Key Selection Criteria and Duties.
Reporting to Outreach Programs Manager, this is an exceptional opportunity for a successful applicant to fulfil this vacancy. The successful applicant will be highly motivated and organised, with an established track record in the presentation and delivery of programs.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsVic.