Learning Facilitator, Road to Zero – MV
|Closing date:||March 31, 2023|
|Salary:||The salary on offer is $65,409 (Base of grade) pro rata + 10.5% superannuation per annum.|
|Employment status:||This is an irregular part-time (min. 30 hours per fortnight) fixed-term position until 31 December 2025.|
|Location :||Melbourne CBD|
|Contact name:||Maria Davies, 9385 4228|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
About this role
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking Learning Facilitators to present education programs to secondary school students, teachers, family audiences and stakeholders at Road to Zero at Melbourne Museum and to metropolitan and regional audiences through the Road Smart Interactive outreach program.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit About us – Museums Victoria.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Learning Facilitator is facilitating curriculum-aligned education programs that support TAC’s (Transport Accident Commission’s) mission of road safety education and contributes to Museum Victoria’s audience experience.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interpret content from Victorian Curriculum subject areas for secondary school audiences, including one or more of science, health and wellbeing
- Awareness of education and learning techniques for diverse audiences
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, including independently operate digital interactive technologies and install structural elements of the pop-up exhibition
- Availability to spend up to 5 days in a regional centre every 2 to 3 weeks during term time
- The successful applicant must have a current Victorian Driver’s License and be willing to undergo a TAC license check and be assessed as suitable
HOW TO APPLY?
Visit Careers – Museums Victoria.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.