On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service. As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
The Learning Services Officer – Families and Volunteers Support is responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of programming events for family groups as well as coordinating the training and rosters of the Learning Services and Community Outreach volunteer base. Specifically the position is responsible for:
- assisting the Family Programs Coordinator with development, administration and operational planning for Museum projects and events for family audiences.
- assisting the Family programs coordinator with the development of online resources supporting these projects.
- supporting Learning Services and Community Outreach volunteers in their duties to ensure the effective delivery of programs, including coordinating training and rosters.
- contributing to the preparation of statistical information and evaluation reports related to key outputs of Learning Services and Community Outreach.
- ensuring that he/she has sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to undertake his/her work safely and that employees and volunteers have sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to enable them to perform their duties safely.
Note: From time to time this position will require some work on weekends and public holidays. It will require regular work during the ACT school holidays. It may also involve some strenuous physical activity from time to time.
Contact: Kellie Robson, Family Programs Coordinator, 02 6208 5101
This vacancy is open to ongoing APS employees only.