The job opportunity
The Museum has an exciting opportunity for a professional to join the Museum’s Information Technology business unit as the Senior M365 and Applications Administrator. This role has a critical function supporting the administration and integration of the agency’s core business systems.
The key duties of the position include:
Leadership, organisation and direction of the day-to-day priorities of the Applications team.
Delivery of application administration and support to the Museum’s M365 implementation which will encompass:
- SharePoint administration, including management of enterprise-wide site architecture, new site provisioning, user identity and access management, user training and assistance with authoring and content management, site usage reporting, and enterprise metadata management.
- MS Teams’ administration, including user support in use of new and existing collaboration features, governance of team creation, governance of internal and external information sharing guidelines.
- Providing expertise and guidance for user driven Microsoft 365 implementation and deployment, including M365 power user support, user support for developing tools such as Microsoft Forms, booking portals, Stream channels, and SharePoint metadata modelling and developing Lists to support business critical functions.
- Power Platform citizen development including assistance with development of power automate automation routines, basic PowerApps, and Power BI reports.
Administration support for vendor supported systems including CM9, thankQ, Piction, eMU, and other elements of the environment.
Build stakeholder relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors to consult and communicate with on upgrades and changes to the systems.
Work collaboratively with internal service delivery groups, in particular facilities and security, human resources and the cyber security team to ensure effective security administration of the core business systems.
What will the successful candidate bring to the role?
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Knowledge, expertise and a high level of enthusiasm for the Microsoft 365 suite along with two or more years’ experience administering a M365 platform in a small or medium-sized government agency.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think logically and strategically and experience analysing, interpreting and applying problem-solving skills to complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience providing effective, timely and professional support on a range of IT systems, including the ability to quickly learn new unfamiliar systems.
- Highly developed leadership and team management skills.
- Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and deliver on multiple tasks to achieve deadlines in a complex operating environment.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, influencing and relationship management skills including experience building productive relationships with users.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.