Manager, Communications – Australian Museum Trust
|Closing date:||January 17, 2020|
|Institution:||Australian Museum Trust|
|Salary:||$135,278. Package includes salary ($110,745 - $122,037), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney City|
|Contact name:||Jacinta Spurrett, 02 9320 6160|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Would you like to lead a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, managing the communication outputs of an internationally recognised cultural and scientific institution?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated individual to join the Australian Museum (AM) as the Manager, Communications.
About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department Premier & Cabinet. The AM is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite. The AM’s purpose is to make nature, Indigenous cultures and science accessible and relevant to everyone.
For more information, visit the website.
The AM supports a diverse workforce and promotes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, Australian Museum will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
About the role:
The position manages and delivers communications across owned and earned channels, increasing general awareness of the Australian Museum and positioning the AM positively with media, public, government and other key stakeholders. The Manager, Communications oversees media relations, social media community engagement, internal and corporate communications, and proactively manages potential media issues. This position is a part of the Australian Museum’s Senior Management Team.
As the Manager, Communications, you will:
- Develop and implement communication plans to promote a consistent narrative for the AM, its leadership team, exhibitions, programs, education and scientific research including setting priorities and resource allocation to achieve best outcomes.
- Leverage and develop media and content collaborations and partnerships
- Create and oversee content such as media releases, videos, publications, copy for website, social media posts, stories for the AM intranet, speech notes and briefings
- Manage and deliver communications across a range of channels including media, digital, corporate collateral and publications, events and stakeholder networks.
- Manage some events such as media launches and famils, as well as social influencer previews.
- Extensive experience in communications management and delivery within a complex organisation, including issues management
- Highly developed networks and relationships within the media sector
- Extensive experience in content creation for mainstream media and across digital platforms
- Experience managing staff and budgets.
- Superior knowledge and experience to ensure delivery of the Key Accountabilities and Focus Capabilities in this role description.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.