Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
The Commercial Operations Department comprises Catering Operations (outsourced), Visitor Services, Retail Enterprises, Comfort Inn Sovereign Hill and Blood on the Southern Cross. The function and events manager interacts closely with Sovereign Hill’s contract catering firm, Delaware North and focuses on selling and continuously building the organisation’s attractiveness as a venue for events of all descriptions.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to work collaboratively and proactively to grow Sovereign Hill and Narmbool’s meetings, functions and special groups businesses.
To be successful in this role we are seeking individuals who are:
- Sales-focused and motivated by the prospect of exceeding targets
- Client focused and passionate about providing world-class customer service
- Excited by the prospect of being part of a team which creates and delivers unique event experiences
- Meticulously organised and ready to take-on the challenge of building systems and processes from the ground-up
- Keen to contribute to the ongoing success Victoria’s best major tourist attraction
Experience in B2C sales and service is a must. Hospitality or tourism experience is highly desirable but not essential.
For full details on the position including the required Key Selection Criteria and information on how to apply, please visit our website.
Click here to view the Position Description for this position.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record and Working with Children Checks.