Museums Victoria, Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Manager, Governance and Accountability.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced individual to be Museums Victoria’s Board Secretary and manage the organisation’s governance framework in line with public entity requirements and obligations.
Working with Museums Victoria Governance & Communications team, core functions of this position include:
- Deliver all aspects of the Board Secretariat function incorporating meetings, agendas, records administration, and planning for Board engagement.
- Oversee delivery of Museums Victoria’s annual calendar of performance reporting requirements pertaining to the Museums Act 1983 and Museums Victoria’s Service Agreement with the State Government/Creative Victoria.
- Lead and communicate organisational reporting and accountability functions through a suite of performance reporting tools supporting the Board, Executive and Creative Victoria requirements.
Relevant skills and attributes:
- Extensive knowledge of statutory responsibilities, obligations, and current environmental challenges and risks relating to the Victorian Government and Museums Victoria.
- High-level understanding of Board governance principles and experience in undertaking key Board Secretariat functions.
- Current knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, theory, and best practice of public sector planning & reporting, risk management and compliance.
Please see our Role Statement for a copy of the full Key Selection Criteria and Duties.
Reporting to Chief, Governance & Communications Officer, this is an exceptional opportunity for a committed individual to apply their skills and gain experience across Museums Victoria in supporting the delivery and management of high quality advice and reporting related to the governance and performance of Museums Victoria.
If you have the energy, commitment, and a can-do attitude we want to hear from you.
Relevant tertiary qualifications in a financial or economics-related discipline or equivalent, and demonstrated professional experience is highly regarded.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the position description, visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/careers/