Manager Heritage and Collections – MoAD
|Closing date:||April 22, 2019|
|Institution:||Museum of Australian Democracy - Old Parliament House|
|Salary:||$96,343 - $108,909|
|Employment status:||Ongoing Full-time|
|Location :||Parkes - ACT|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Manager Heritage and Collections will lead a small team and is integral to the operations of MoAD, playing a key role in managing the heritage values of the place and its collections. Old Parliament House is on the National and Commonwealth Heritage lists and is protected under the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
The role of the Heritage and Collections team is the implementation of key documents including the Heritage Management Plan, Collection Management Policy and Procedures and the Disaster Management Plan to ensure organisational outcomes are achieved in harmony with heritage values that recognise, preserve and communicate the spirit of place. The role contributes to the successful completion of capital building projects, exhibitions and collection storage, and data management.
If successful, your duties will include:
- Management of the Heritage and Collections team, including staff, procurement and financial management activities.
- Manage and undertake investigations and studies to provide information and develop policy advice on heritage, conservation and collection management issues.
- Collaborate with other areas of the museum to implement the Heritage Management Plan and Collection Management Policy.
- Develop, implement and supervise work programs, provide advice on and/or carry out research into the management of the museum collections and loan programs and conservation of the place and collections.
- Prepare briefs, contracts, correspondence and approvals documentation as it relates to heritage, conservation and collection management at the museum.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.