About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum operates within the NSW Department of Trade and Investment. The Museum provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The Australian Museum is the first museum in Australia; founded in 1827 its mission is to inspire exploration, understanding and care for our world.
The Australian Museum is at an exciting time in its evolution with a new Director, transformational development works underway and significant plans for the future expansion of the Museum.
About the role
The Manager, ICT is responsible for the business-aligned and customer-service focussed operations of the Australian Museum’s ICT unit covering administration, support, maintenance and enhancement of all Australian Museum ICT systems; from endpoints through to underlying platforms & infrastructure and business applications. The position is also responsible for managing a range of ICT projects that constantly look to transform the delivery model of ICT services to Australian Museum stakeholders, leveraging the latest technologies and ICT service models.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities (both NSW Public Sector and SFIA) outlined in the Role Description.
- Appropriate information technology tertiary qualification.
Applicants must submit:
- A one to two page covering letter which addresses the above Essential Requirements and also includes responses to the following two questions.
- Please outline how your experience will enable you to manage a complex, multi-faceted IT environment with a small team of generalist IT professionals with limited resources (both human and financial).
- Please include one example of how you have used innovation to improve the provision of ICT services to your organisation.
How to apply
Please apply by going to the advertisement on the Jobs NSW website (Reference number: 00003F8D) and clicking ‘Apply Online’. Only applications submitted through Jobs NSW will be considered.
Contact: Jason Wong on 02 9320 6064 or via email.