Manager, Modern Retail – Sovereign Hill
|Closing date:||April 28, 2019|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
The Commercial and Operations Department comprises of Operations, Visitor Services, Retail Enterprises, Confectionery Operations, Sovereign Hill Hotel, Narmbool & AURA. The retail team consists of approximately 70 staff operating Sovereign Hill’s 9 historic retail enterprises and 3 contemporary souvenir outlets (Modern Retail), an online shop and the Sovereign Hill Store (warehouse), as well as Confectionery operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a retail professional in the position of Manager | Modern Retail.
The Manager | Modern Retail will oversee and coordinate departmental activities and lead staff in the modern retail shops, Gift Shop, Entrance Shop and Gold Museum Gift Shop, with a focus on service excellence, including driving a strong sales culture and retail growth in line with the strategic direction.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE:
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in managing a retail or customer service environment
- Proven experience in leading teams of people
- Prior experience in rostering staff and using rostering programs
- A genuine desire to work alongside your team and be on the floor coaching performance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- First-class initiative
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Ability to work flexible rosters, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
If you are looking for work within a great team and love variety in your daily work, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
For full details on the position including the required Key Selection Criteria and information on how to apply, please visit our website at sovereignhill.com.au/careers
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record and Working with Children checks.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.