About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Planning and Environment and was founded in 1827 as the first museum in Australia. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 18 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite. The AM’s purpose is to make nature, Indigenous cultures & science accessible and relevant to everyone. For more information, visit the website.
The AM supports a diverse workforce and promotes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, Australian Museum will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
About the role
Lead the development, design and implementation of exceptional, innovative public programs for all audiences, which respond to temporary exhibitions, Museum-wide projects and the AM’s three areas of expertise: Indigenous culture, Pacific culture and natural sciences.
Manage the design and delivery of programs which increase museum visitation, deepen visitor engagement, develop new and under-represented audiences. Apply innovation, ambition and collaboration to amplify the reach, depth and relevance of public programs.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Experience in programming in a Museum or other cultural or scientific context.
- Sound working knowledge of audiences (including niche audiences) and methods of public programming in museums.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or relevant, equivalent professional experience.
- Experience effectively managing a diverse team.
- Knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description
For more information or to apply visit JobsNSW.