Period of Appointment
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that understands the importance of flexibility. Talk to us about what flexibility may look like for you.
Appointment to the role is on a fixed term flexible basis to 23 December 2022.
- Manage a team responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of a diverse range of property and facilities management services and work programs in a significant cultural and heritage property environment.
- Develop and manage the facilities management and assets management plans for strategic optimisation of facilities and assets within the TMAG portfolio.
- Manage the development, implementation and review of a range of property and facilities management policies, procedures, systems and practices to facilitate continuous business improvement that aligns with strategic and operational objectives for the TMAG.
- Develop property and facility project plans and undertake procurement and contracting activities in accordance with Government and Departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain risk management strategies to address statutory requirements and community expectations within the context of a public museum and cultural collections.
- Development and implementation of a range of facility policies and procedures including cleaning, grounds, waste management, security and access protocols.
- Coordinate delivery of workplace health and safety processes including contractor site induction, safe work method statement reviews and supervision, safe handling and movement of a wide range of equipment and supplies.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document that are within the capabilities, qualifications and experience normally expected from person occupying roles at this classification level.
- Qualification relevant to facility management or construction project management and a minimum 5 years’ experience in property and facility management and/or membership of a relevant professional organisation.
- Knowledge of the operations of a contemporary cultural institution.
- Previous exposure to working with heritage properties.
- A current motor vehicle driver’s licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this role is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted.
- crimes involving dishonesty
For more information or to apply visit: JobsTas.