The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science, and technology and plays a critical role in engaging communities with contemporary ideas and issues. Established in 1881, the museum includes the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory, the Museums Discovery Centre in Castle Hill and will expand to include Powerhouse Parramatta – the largest cultural infrastructure project currently being undertaken in the country. The Museum is the custodian of over half a million objects of national and international significance and is considered one of the finest and most diverse collections in Australia.
Manager, Strategic Events – Powerhouse Parramatta
The Manager Strategic Events is a new role responsible for the planning, execution and success of the Powerhouse Parramatta Capital Campaign strategic and stakeholder events and activities including stakeholder management, logistics management, operational coordination and administration to drive ongoing engagement and involvement with the Powerhouse Parramatta Campaign.
You will bring your creative flair to the development of a calendar of events which will help drive stakeholder engagement with Powerhouse Parramatta, as well as managing and executing all the operational requirements of the events. You will build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and understand the various audiences for each event, from corporate organisations to individual philanthropists.
- Minimum 8 years experience in developing and then managing strategic and stakeholder events in a cultural and/or government organisation or hold a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Proven organisational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail, including the ability to juggle multiple projects and events at different phases of completion at one time
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, including planning, scheduling, prioritising (with conflicting deadlines and limited resources) event management and reporting
Knowledge and experience
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, and an ability to draft clear and concise messages, negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the conception and delivery of innovative, high-quality events within designated budgets, including designing events for relevant stakeholder groups, meeting expectations, and managing sponsors, clients, and VIPs.
- Sound working knowledge of computer software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce is desirable.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment working in multiple departments. Including experience in managing medium-scale working groups and projects.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the performing arts, and the complex environment in which cultural organisations operate in Australia
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.