Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the employees and volunteers who tell the Museum’s stories.
We encourage candidates to share their talents at this unique workplace, which embraces diversity and both acknowledges and nurtures our bicultural capabilities, as demonstrated in our Teu le Va and He Korahi Maori strategies.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Membership Manager to join the Museum on a permanent basis, at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. This position will lead the membership strategy, launch and future development of the Museum’s comprehensive new membership programme and contribute significant new fundraising and commercial revenue opportunities. The incumbent will work closely with senior Executive staff, Heads of Department and Museum colleagues to create compelling packages of membership benefits to encompass a full Museum experience.
To be successful in this busy role, you will offer:
- Practical and thorough knowledge and understanding of managing a membership scheme, with experience of leading a membership or loyalty scheme within a major institution
- 5-8 years consumer-facing marketing or consumer relations experience, with specific experience in managing membership and/or regular giving programmes
- Extensive experience of using CRM / stakeholder management systems and interrogating data and reporting
- Experience of donor/customer acquisition and retention in a membership/regular giving framework
- Experience with customer segmentation and planning, campaign development and management
- A Tertiary degree in business, marketing or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with proven effective relationship building abilities
- Proven solid and successful negotiation skills
- Tessitura/Raisers Edge or similar CRM solution familiarity
- Skills in evidence-based decision making
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this permanent position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries
To apply for this job, please visit our job site https://careers.aucklandmuseum.com/jobdetails/ajid/3ltr7/Membership-Manager,14810.html